Our team would like to wish all of our patients a happy and healthy break over the Easter bank holiday weekend.
The Practice will be closed on the following bank holidays: Friday 7 April and Monday 10 April 2023.
- Enhanced Access General Practice appointments are available through the Enhanced Access Service at the weekend and on bank holidays. The service operates from three locations across Bury. If you contact the Practice by phone when the service is open (full details are available via the above link), you will be automatically connected to the service, outside of these hours when the Practice is closed and for urgent medical concerns, you will be asked to hang up and dial NHS 111.
- Please make sure you have enough medication to see you through the Easter break, thank you for only ordering what you need.
Please consider all health and care options to get the most appropriate care in the quickest time:
- NHS 111 online 24/7 or on the phone (dial 111), for urgent medical problems when you’re not sure what to do. You’ll be signposted to or connected with the most appropriate service to meet your needs.
- Other ways to contact NHS 111 include calling 18001 111 using text relay, 24 hours a day. British sign language (BSL) users can use the NHS 111 video interpreter service by going to signvideo.co.uk/nhs111. For help in other languages, please call 111 and ask for an interpreter.
- The NHS website is a complete guide to conditions, symptoms and treatments, including what to do and when to get help.
- Community Pharmacies offer clinical advice and over the counter medicines for a range of minor conditions. This handy web page lists the local pharmacies open over the Easter break.
- The Greater Manchester dental helpline 0333 332 3800 is available 8am to 10pm every day, for patients who need help urgently when their practice is closed, or if they do not have a regular dentist.
- The Minor Eye Conditions Service provides assessment and treatment for people with recently occurring minor eye problems. Availability may vary over the bank holiday period.
- Bury’s Getting Helpline 0161 464 3679 is available Monday to Saturday from 8am to 8pm*, providing confidential advice, guidance and signposting for people experiencing difficulties with their emotional wellbeing. On the bank holidays the opening times will be 10am to 4pm*.
- The Pennine Care 24/7 crisis mental health helpline can be reached on 0800 014 9995. Via this web page you can also access useful information about other support services.
- In addition, you can access a range of self care resources and advice via our website. This includes advice and information for parents and carers who might be concerned about their child, with tips for managing symptoms at home, along with information about when you should seek medical advice.
Thank you for only using the A&E department for genuine life-threatening emergencies.